Friday, December 19, 2008

Thing #19

Podcasts. Thanks to Doctor Who audio adventure produced by Big Finish Productions, I have gained a new appreciation for audio formats.

A good friend of mine, Russ, is a DJ, so I have a passing familiarity with talking on the radio/recording my voice for other people to listen. I think it's a fairly good way to communicate with folks. You can infuse your voice with emotion, unlike e-mail. Also, sarcasm, something I'm fond of, can be conveyed over voice snippets. I think I could get used to podcasts. I subscribed to a Doctor Who podcast, and I subscribed to a podcast by some dudes from England ho I met at Gen Con a few years ago.

All of the podcast directories were pretty easy to use. I joined the podcast.com one, and then added my feeds from that to my Google reader.

I tried the Gcast thing. It was pretty cool. I'll post my podcast a bit later. I'm off to diner now!

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog