Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thing #16

The Assignment Calculator and Research Project Calculator are good tools. The timelines are realistic and the tips are very help. This is the sort of thing that I would have loved had it been around when I was a freshman from college. As it is, I'm not. I could use these tools for my own projects, but the tools are pretty specific to writing projects, and the type of projects I've got on my plate right now don't really fit. When I start school again, I hope I remember these tools. But as I've said before 23 things throws a lot at you, and it can be daunting to try to fold a lot of this stuff into you life. Especially when there's a learning curve nad you already have a system in place.

That said, I am a notorious procrastinator, and these two things may be of particular aid to me in my endeavor to get my library degree. I'm hoping to remember and use these things later. I'll just have to remember to revisit 23 Things in the future.

I don't work with students much here at RPL. Unless they have fines. But if I did, and if those kids were the type of procastinators that I am, I'd recommend these tools. As I mentioned, the tips are good and timeline is realistic.

Good stuff.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog