Friday, December 19, 2008

Thing #18

Youtube. I have a passing familiarity with youtube. It's great when I want a quick snippet of something to make me chuckle, but other than that, it's kind of, I hesitate to use the word 'useless', but it it fits. Youtube is for fun. That's it.

As far as having it be useful in the library, well, yeah, it's useful for finding fun little snippets to chuckle at.

I had trouble embedding a video (I did figure it out), so instead of a video embedded in this post, you'll notice the video bar at the bottom of my blog. I really like the Sesame Street "No Cookies in the Library" thing. Classic.

I suppose I should mention that RPL has posted some stuff on youtube that could be helpful to patrons. We have a video showing how to use our AMH and a couple other videos on some other stuff, so I guess we have used youtube in a way beyond snippets for chuckles. But I feel chuckle snippets are the majority of youtube's usefulness.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog