Friday, December 5, 2008

Thing #12

The Reddit, Mixx, Digg, Newsvine thing is coolish. These site remind me of RSS feeds. Long time readers will remember that I'm not particularly down with RSS. It's just not for me. The same goes for these site. Yeah, it neat that you can vote on articles, and it can be helpful, but it's only helpful if people on the site share interests with you. Sure, I found loads of stuff on gaming on Digg, but not so much on Doctor Who.

As far as being useful, well if you sure tastes with the folks on the site, you'll find the sites immeasurable useful. If not, then not so much.

I did read a few articles because they were on the sites, but any news site I go to I can find an article or 2 to read. Finding stuff to read isn't difficult, finding stuff to read pertaining to my specific interests that I have already read on a site I regularly visit? That a challenge. A challenge that Mixx, Digg, Newsvine and Reddit all failed.

Fun interesting stuff yes, but in a month, I don't think I'll even remember that I created a Dig account.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog