Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thing #10

Rochester Public Library has a staff wiki that we've been using for quite a while now. While I wouldn't call myself a wiki expert (Brian is our resident expert), I'm pretty good with a wiki. I really like that anyone can update the wiki. That way information can be modified as soon as some one notices in isn't right. Plus if there's only one person who can update something, and he/she is on vacation, it can cause issues.



So yeah, I see loads of applications for wikis. I thinn of wiki's as the "meat" of web 2.0. They are basically collaborative website. I think I'm going to be using the word collaborative a lot from here on out.



Here's a picture of our wiki:





It's blurry I know, but I wanted to show it off a little.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog