Monday, November 3, 2008

Thing #4

Right, so it's been a while. So long, in fact, most of you probably no longer care about me, or my 23 things achievements. That's fine. I don't need your hollow accolades. Some people though, important people, want me to complete all 23 of these things, so complete them I shall.

In that vein I present Thing #4: Flickr. Flickr is one of those things that I'd already be doing if I felt so inclined; but I don't. And that's mostly because I'm not a picture guy. I don't take a lot of pictures. People who know me might be some what surprised because of my piquant for graphic literature. I'm just not down with all the hassle and fuss of pictures. I'd just as soon remember or forget on my own with out the aid of photographic evidence. If I did decide to become a picture guy, I would most certainly use Flickr. Mos Def, not even any sort of argument. After getting my little self a Flickr account, I'm contemplating changing my whole attitude about pictures. I annually attend a nerdy little shindig called Gen Con in Indianapolis. I believe I may create an online album for my all of my lovely Gen Con photos.

As far as Flickr and Libraries go, I think it's a great idea. People are visual creatures. They like to see stuff. Having a bunch of photos of events and stuff going on at the library, that's a great idea. Showing people the library's success is a terrific thing. People need to see how awesome libraries are and Flickr is a great tool to do just that.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog