Monday, March 23, 2009

Thing 33

Travel 2.0: I'm going to NYC in a few weeks, so I'm pretty psyched about this thing. The blogs and podcats are only marginally interesting to me, the review site I find some what helpful, but the're just so much bitching. It's almost hard to know if you're really gonig to get a great place. At the same time you do get a good indication by the number of positive and negative reviews, which is helpful. I dug Vcarious, seems like a fun idea, but again teh overwhelming number of posts makes getting a really useful review of something from some one with tastes analgous to my own is tough. But I guess that's true of pretty much every review site for pretty much every thing. I checked out a few of the mash ups. I like the mash up way of just having the info right there on teh map. It feel more halpful and in prevents the overwhelm sea of reviews.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog