Friday, March 13, 2009

Thing 29

Google News. I fully admit I'm not as up on the News as I should be. I avoid it. Mostly, it just makes me angry and I don't want to be angry all the time. I wouldn't say I stick my head in the sand and ignore the world, but I don't like the feeling that I'm being force feed certain things that are obviously blown up of proportion. Perhaps Google News will allow me to filter out the junk I don't care to here about. I like the personalized news stuff. Google stuff feels so over-lappy. I feel I can do most of the stuff from Google News in iGoogle. I guess it's all about what flavor you like your google.

GMail. I've used gmail for quit a while. It's my friends only e-mail. I probably like it the best of all the web based email stuff. I still keep my yahoo account but that's the address I give out to anybody. I don't get much spam on my gmail and it is really nice to not have to worry about deleting anything. There are some pretty cool features in the Labs. I added some bits and bobs. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to Sync my work calendar to gmail, but you what? I don't need to have my work calendar everywhere. I changed my theme, which is a feature I'm a little bored with. Everything seems to have the same tired themes. If you can't give me a truly kick ass theme, if all I'm really doing in changing the colors, just forget about it.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog