Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thing 25

Widgets and Such. I didn't mind the widgets so much. I liked some, I disliked others. I put all sorts of them on my blog, then I took down the ones I didn't really like. There are just so very many. And some are useful. Well, depending on what type of blog you're doing. I loved the idea of talking about specific topic and embedding a browser in your post with wikipedia right there for people to explore additional information about your topic. I'd totally do that if my blog was one of those 'useful' blogs. But it's not, so I'll stick with Sudoku and kitties.

Most of the gadgets were easy to get on my blog. I tried the tag cloud, but it was a little too much for me. Luckily I had backed up my blog before I tried to do this one. I did break my blog for a while, but then I fixed it. I don't think I'm going to be fiddling with the HTML in my template again any time soon.

I spent probably about an hour and a half to two hours on this thing. Mainly because I was helping other folk with 23 Things at the same time. Uninterupted, it probably would have taken 45 minutes to an hour.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog