Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thing #20

Facebook and MySpace. I've had both a Facebook and MySpace page for years. I started off with MySpace. It looked like a great way to keep in touch with all my hommies from college. Alas, I found that my network of hommies grew too large and unwieldy on MySpace. And then I started getting spam, and that ended my love of MySpace.

Then one of my Hommies got a Facebook account. He loved it and told me and some of our other hommies. I much prefer Facebook over MySpace. I find my network isn't so unwieldy and also, no spam. It's really easy to keep up with my friends, and I find it to be fun. I don't mind checking Facebook a few times a week. For some reason MySpace felt like a chore.

As far as layout is concerned, I don't have any sort of preference for one over the other. Managing my peeps is what my #1 concern is with the whole social networking thing. I don't want to get invites from bands in my area, I don't want to find out when Lyndsey Lohan is dropping her next album. I just want to keep up with my hommies and perhaps put up some amusing photos from time to time. That's about it.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog