Friday, April 10, 2009

Thing 36

Hey, I got an actual legit comment on my blog! I said something that caused someone to feel strongly enough to comment about my opinions! I feel like I've won some sort of blog-Oscar. I'm not talking about a shout out from a coworker or friend, nor am I talking about some inebriate who stumbled on to my blog and typed random stuff. I got a comment that was thought out and made a great point. Thanks Bill! You make me feel like blogging.

Content Generators: Password/E-mail Icon generators seem a bit odd to me. I guess I like to generate my own passwords and e-mail icons. especially passwords. I have a terrible memory for stuff like that, so I need my passwords to make some small measure of sense to me.

I tried the BGpattern genrator, and I like it in principle, but I find the actual created backgrouds sort of samey. Still, better than I could do on my own. I also tried the image generator, which is good fun.

The free image converter could be very helpful. I hope I remember it next time I need to convert a picture.

Wufoo also looks helpful and fun. I'm going to use it to create an online incident report! Which isn't fun, but needs doing.

Where were citation generators when i was in school? These rock! Again I hope I remember them when I go back to school.

The graph and chart creators are also very cool, and once again, I hope I remember them when i need them. I'm getting pretty good at creating charts and graphs with Excel, so I might not need this, but you never know.

Tag Clouds are nice and all. The one I've already got going on suits my needs just fine. Which brings me to the crux of my point with this thing I believe. When I need something like the tool in this thing, knowing the tool exists would be seriously awesome. Alas, I fear I won't remember the tool when I need it. Plus there are ways of doing this stuff that I can already use. For now on I will use this easy to remember acronym for that point: WINSLtTiTT,KtTEWbSA.AIFIWRtTWINI.PTAWoDTSTICAU

Time Toast: WINSLtTiTT,KtTEWbSA.AIFIWRtTWINI.PTAWoDTSTICAU

Simply Noise: Umm, it generates noise. How is that cool?

Random Web 2.0 name generator: It's funny. Name generators usually are.

Label Makers: WINSLtTiTT,KtTEWbSA.AIFIWRtTWINI.PTAWoDTSTICAU

Some of the stuff in the 'Other' catagory baffles me a bit, but whatevs, to each his or her own.

Here's the comic strip I created: http://stripgenerator.com/strip/230156/



I tried the text to movie thing a few times, and It's just not working for me. If I remember, I'm try it at home some time.



Lolcatz are always funny. I just watched the Big Bang theory episode with the Lolcatz shout out. Well, technically, I just watch all of Big Bang Theory. Good show. Here's a picture:



As far as useful goes, generators are fun, but I'm not exactly sure if they are useful. I guess I can create comic strips explianing things to people. That's some what useful. Mostly though, I'm thinking fun. Which is not a bad thing.

No comments:

 
Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog